Library Business Records Request
Adopted February 28, 2002, Revised May 22, 2003
Ohio Revised Code Section 149.43 provides that all public records shall be promptly prepared and made available for inspection to any person during business hours. Upon receipt of a request from the public to view library business records, library staff should follow these procedures:
- Notify the Director or his/her designee about the request.
- The Director or his/her designee shall make the initial response to the request, supervise the record search review, and determine which records are to be disclosed and which are exempt from disclosure.
- A search for the requested records and a review shall be conducted to determine if any document is excepted from the public records law. Any questions regarding the exempt status of any record shall be reviewed with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s office.
- Upon determination that the requested records are available and are to be disclosed, the requesting party may review the records between the hours of 9 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- The Director or his/her designee will make any copies of the records that the requesting party wishes. Copies will be made on a reimbursable basis at the established rate. The copies will be available for the requesting party to pick up at the library within seven (7) days.
- The Director will inform the Board of Directors of any public request to view library business records.