Adopted March 31, 1997
Revised January 25, 2001, August 22, 2002, September 27, 2007, May 24, 2012
- The Library provides free access to the Internet as part of its mission.
- The Library reserves the right to regulate the use of computer workstations. This resource is heavily used, thus mandating time limits and registration.
- There is a cost for printing. Library patrons who are uncertain about printing procedures should request assistance from the Reference staff.
- Library patrons may not install their personal software on Library workstations.
- Library staff is trained to assist patrons in using library materials, online and in-house. Library staff are not trained computer technicians or software experts.
- Library patrons should notify Library staff immediately concerning any problems with computer hardware or software.
- Persons who damage Library hardware or software can be held responsible for repair costs.
- Library patrons may not display screens that may be considered obscene or in any way unsuitable for public viewing. Library staff will make the final decision on whether a screen display is appropriate for display.
- Misuse of Internet access will result in the loss of computer and/or Library privileges.