Revised June 2000, January 25, 2001, July 24, 2003, September 27, 2007,
May 24, 2012
Meeting Room Use
- Library activities have first priority. When meeting rooms are not being used for Library activities, the public may use them.
- Community groups and sponsors of cultural or educational events are welcome to use the rooms during the Library’s regular hours of operation. The adult making a reservation for a meeting room must agree to assume full responsibility for supervision of those attending and for damages to Library facilities and equipment.
- For-profit business ventures are not permitted to conduct business in the meeting room, or to use the name, address or telephone number of the Library as a contact address or headquarters of an organization.
- All meetings must be open to all members of the public. The Library’s meeting rooms are not intended for private parties.
- Groups using the room may not charge an admission fee or require a donation or sell products, unless the program is sponsored by the Library or Friends of the Library.
- No fundraising programs are permitted except by the Library or Friends of the Library.
- The Library does not endorse the views expressed by any group or individual using its meeting rooms. The use of a meeting room by a non-library group shall not be publicized in such a way as to imply Library sponsorship of the group activities unless the Library or Friends of the Library is co-sponsoring the event.
- The use of illegal drugs, alcoholic beverages or tobacco products is strictly prohibited on all Library premises.
- No partisan political organization may use the meeting rooms.
- Commercial organizations may use the rooms if they are conducting training programs or free seminars.
- The rooms may be used no more than two (2) times per month per group.
- If there are open days at the start of each month, a group may request additional times that month, at the discretion of the reference staff.
- A room may be booked no more than six (6) months in advance.
- The Library will not admit anyone to the building before opening or after closing time.
- Meetings should end at least fifteen (15) minutes prior to closing time.
- No items for groups who meet at the library may be stored at the library unless co-sponsored by the Library or Friends of the Library (space permitting).
- The Library reserves the right to restrict meeting room use that would interfere with normal library operations or would be disruptive to normal patron activities.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the frequency of use of its facilities.
- The Library is not liable for injuries to people, damage to their property, or loss of property belonging to individuals or groups using the meeting rooms.
- No fee will be charged for use of the rooms. However, a fee may be charged if meeting room use results in the need for repair to Library furnishings or equipment or if excessive cleaning is required.
- The Library Board reserves the right to amend this policy at any time.