Adult Services Department Manager
We are currently seeking an energetic, innovative professional to lead our Adult Services Department.
This is a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, position. Starting wage is $18.50/hour with MLIS or $16.00/hour without degree. Flexibility in scheduling is a must, with the ability to work evenings and Saturdays. Benefits include holiday, vacation pay, sick leave, O.P.E.R.S., single coverage health insurance, and paid O.L.C. membership.
Submit your resume and a completed job application to email@example.com or by mail to 230 North Main Street, Orrville OH 44667. This opening will be posted until filled.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited school, those working on their degree may be considered.
- Minimum of three (3) years public library experience.
- Experience managing people.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with emerging technologies and their use in libraries.
- Knowledge of adult & teen literature, library materials, programs, services, and current trends.
- Experience with book selection and collection development.
- Manage the department, including hiring, scheduling, training, and evaluating staff.
- Create and maintain department policies, procedures, guidelines, and operational workflows.
- Actively participate on the library’s management team, advocating for adults & teens.
- Actively promote services, programs, and resources.
- Plan and administrate the budget for the department and help write grants for special funding.
- Collaborate with PR team to create content to promote new materials, services, and programs.
Collection Development Responsibilities
- Oversee department acquisitions including selection, classification, replacement and weeding of materials
- Familiarity with a wide range of books, audiovisual materials, authors, and literary trends.
- Purchase materials that create a collection reflecting the interest of all patrons, adhering to our selection policy
- Design, promote, execute and evaluate departmental programs in conjunction with library goals and objectives.
- Envision, interpret and anticipate community need while developing adult programming.
- Develop cooperative relationships, and actively network in the community.
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and support library goals and objectives.
- Effectively communicate with patrons and co-workers.
- Promote the library in the community.
- Provide direct library service to the public, performing reference, reader’s advisory, and technology assistance.