Applications are being accepted for the Youth Services Manager position.
If you have the enthusiasm to reach youth of all ages, are creative in developing and providing programs and services to children and their families, and assist patrons of any age, then Orrville Public Library is looking for you!
We currently have a full-time, 37.5 hours per week, position open. Flexibility in scheduling is a must, with the ability to work evenings and Saturdays. Benefits include holiday and vacation pay, sick leave, O.P.E.R.S., single coverage health insurance, and paid O.L.C. membership. A complete job description is available here. Submit your resume and a completed job application to Pearl Gasser, firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to 230 North Main Street, Orrville OH 44667.
Minimum Qualifications include:
- MLS/MLIS from an ALA-accredited school.
- Minimum of three (3) years public library experience.
- Experience working with children and knowledge of the stages of growth and development in children.
- Previous supervisory and management experience is preferred.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with emerging technologies and their use in libraries.
- Thorough knowledge of children’s literature, library materials, programs, services, and current trends in library services for children (ages birth-12) and their caregivers.
- Familiarity with book selection and collection development.
- Coordinate and manage a vibrant youth services department.
- Represent the library within the community.
- Be part of our management team.
- Plan and coordinate programming.
- Oversee collection development within the department.